Yerba Mate (What is Yerba Mate?) is slowly gaining popularity in Europe and it is all thanks to its many health benefits.
Yerba Mate is well known for providing high levels of energy, many of drinkers report that Yerba Mate keeps them alert for longer periods of time. The other major benefit of Yerba Mate is that it suppresses the appetite whilst providing the body with all the nutrients it needs.
The Pasteur Institute and the Paris Scientific society did a study into Yerba Mate and its health benefits in 1964. They concluded “it is difficult to find a plant in any area of the world equal to mate in nutritional value” and that yerba mate contains “practically all of the vitamins necessary to sustain life.”
In addition, results from a study done by researchers at the University of Madrid assert a high content of mineral elements, especially K, Mg, and Mn, in mate. They considered those findings Γò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö¼├║to be of great relevanceΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö¼├æ to the nutritional value of mate infusions.
Drinkers of Yerba Mate around the world constantly come back with the following words:
- Great Diet Aid
- Increased Focus
- Increased Strength, Energy, and Endurance
- Reduced Blood Pressure
- Reduced Cholesterol
- Reduced Fatigue
- Strengthened Immune System
- Increased Creativity
- Balanced Sleep Patterns
- A Whole Body Tonic
For those that love numbers, continue reading!
Nutritional Composition of Yerba Mate
- Vitamins: A, C, E, B1, B2, Niacin (B3), B5, B Complex
- Minerals: Calcium, Manganese, Iron, Selenium, Potassium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc
- Additional Compounds: Carotene, Fatty Acids, Chlorophyll, Flavonols, Polyphenols, Inositol, Trace Minerals, Antioxidants, Tannins, Pantothenic Acid and 15 Amino Acids.
- Theophylline, theobromine, and caffeine